Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Let me get this straight I have to take up golf.....


Red pants seem to be a big thing in China.
This story starts about 6 months ago when I was told I had to become involved with the HSBC men’s PGA golf championships in Shanghai as Casillero del Diablo, one of my companies major wine brands was the official wine sponsor.
For some this would be the equivalent of meeting Jack Nicholson, Bono or the Beatles but to be honest golf just isn’t my lollipop.
Now having realized that it’s the sport of business, I’ve tried swinging a club a couple of times and even took a lesson or two, but after learning that this game not only involved patience, took away my ability to blame others for my mistakes and heckling was a no-no I decided that it this so called "sport" and I just weren’t meant to be.    
So this past November, when I ended up at the welcome reception and kick off for the largest PGA tour in Asia what else was there to do but make a few new friends.   

 Welcome Reception:


Risha: Oh hi I'm Risha are you here to to play or watch the tournament?
(FYI young Rory is a very nice lad)

That jacket is worth how much?


 Risha: Ah you are a wine and cigar fan well its official we can be friends (also a big fan of Mr. Clarke's suit).

Nice golfer dude - no idea his name.
Golf Day 1-4
CDD Suite
View of 18th hole from our suite
BEST BAR.  EVER.
CDD Team

And the winner is.....

Martin Kramer - He drinks Casillero Del Diablo, like you should.

Having spent 4 days immersed in the sport I can honestly say I have a new found appreciation for the sport and actually have started following the men's circuit a little more closely.  
Next up learning all the players names that play for Man U. 


No comments:

Post a Comment