Sunday, October 30, 2011

The end of an era




The inevitable has begun to happen. Mike and have had to admit and accept the end of an era has come and that we need to say goodbye to our 20s. For Mike this reality  set in a lot sooner than for me (I still have a few months to go). So to make this transition as easy as possible and avoid the mishaps of last year (see previous post entitled “Turning 29”) we decided a trip was in order.
We ended up here.
I struggle with the idea of actually giving up the name to this 600 meter beach location as I figure the less who know about it the better but as that’s generally not my style all I can say is should you find yourself on the east coast of Malaysia and are able to travel to the Perhentian islands during the 4 months that the islands are up and operational and not threatened by heavy monsoons, then I highly suggest you make your way Kuala Besut and hop on the 45 minute speed boat ride and go. The bungalow accommodations are basic but the diving, and snorkeling are the best we have come across to date and the fresh array of daily caught fish and seafood offered by the restaurants on the island (there’s only two) rocked.
Mike turn's 30 - worst places to be

Needless to say as far as places to ease into your 30’s go and R&R vacations spots…….we did pretty good. 
 
Little dude liked my fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment