Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A quick trip to Canada



I am very happy to report I now have 9 new pairs of shoes! Well actually 10 if you count the pair of flip-flops I scored from the wedding, but really besides Mike who’s counting ;) . The quick trip home, although a little bit colder then

what I’m now use to was a fantastic.

It was great to see everyone, and especially great to have some aunty time with my niece Teaghan, who turned one while I was home and also little Carter-Boon who is now three months old and belongs to my good friends Morgen and Christian. Also had some quality bonding time with my aunt and uncle (Marilyn and Wally). I won’t mention exactly how many new pieces of jewelry Mar and I bought but it could fall in somewhere with the shoe numbers – will see how long it takes Mike to figure this one out. My big sis Carrie and 2 of her 3 kids came out to Kelowna for a visit – she like rum. Finally I

had the honor of attending and MC-ing the wedding of two of my hands down favorite people, Richard and Jacqueline. To those of you I mis

sed my apologies somehow there just didn’t seem to be enough hours in the day.



Teaghan having lunch


Richard and Jacqueline on there big day!


One of my favorite people in fine form at the McJelly Wedding.

All in all a great trip, with the one exception – I had to leave Mike behind. Although I missed him I am now finding myself having to apologize to a number of you for leaving my husband to his own devices. First off, thank you to all of you who were kind enough to pass along Mike’s kind reminders but No – I did not bring Mike back a BBQ. Secondly I apologize to those of you who received a half a dozen emails regarding the greatness and Mikes need for a BBQ to be brought back from Canada.

You have to understand that Mike, when left alone for long periods of time is kind of like a puppy he get’s sad, lonely and with out a sounding board his mind tricks him into thinking some things are good ideas……. Note: A similar behavior to when he is drinking. I thought by leaving Mike a list of chores he would be kept at bay – but surprisingly when I came home only half the list was completed and my taxes and his were still not done. There were however, chicken breasts in the fridge with a note saying, “Grill me”.

In hind site it was a good thing I didn’t bring Mike back a BBQ as my suitcase was over weight and that would have meant leaving shoes behind…………

No comments:

Post a Comment